Welcome Prayer Partners,
In this edition we thank God for the successes of all the Athletes in the World Championships in Beijing last month. Kenya for the first time came 1st with Jamaica a close 2nd and USA 3rd with UK coming 4th.
Most memorable moments were
Kenyan 3000m Steeplechase Champion Ezekliel Kemboi
Kenya’s David Rudisha regained his 800m world title at the on going Beijing 2015 world championships
Kenyan javelin thrower Julius Yego records longest throw in 14 yrs in javelin with a mark of 92.72m at Beijing 2015 winning gold
Greg Rutherford wins World Championships long jump gold for UK
Jessica Ennis-Hill wins World Championships heptathlon gold for UK
Mo Farah wins 5000.for UK
Jamaican Usain Bolt has won gold in the mens 200m finals at the 15th IAAF world championships in Beijing. Justin Gatlin took silver while South Africa’s Anaso Jobodwana won the bronze.
South African Van Niekerk wins first gold for South Africa in the mens 400m at the 15th IAAF World Championships
Mare Dibaba of Ethiopia takes gold in the women’s marathon after a sprint finish in the Bird’s Nest Stadium.
WELL DONE TO ALL THE ATHLETES THAT TOOK PART IN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS Beijing 2015
September Prayer points requests
- Sierra Leone got one more death by ebola reversing its hopes last week of an end to the disease in the country.
- Continue to remember in prayer the Nigerian Christian Chibok girls kidnapped 500 days ago 14/4/2014 to 27/8/2015 by the terrorists Muslim Boko Haram
- Compassion and love for the Calais migrants whilst understanding for the EU and UK governments. May a just and loving solution be found
- Prayer for the peace deal brokered between the rebels and the South Sudan President in August 2015, for lasting peace and an end to the brutal war
- Prayer for healing and an end to the outbreak of cholera in Tanzania
- Prayer for the provision, direction and fruitfulness for the mission hopes of our sisters Franca Mercati for Tanzania and Karen Roach for South Africa
Africa Hopes In Christ news and prayer requests
- Still trying to get AHIC registered by Charity Commission , An accountant firm agreed to help
- Thanksgiving for website completed and social media campaign started with Facebook (search Africa Hopes In Christ) and Twitter (search @AfricaHopes )
- Next stage is funding presentations, need leaflets, brochures , powerpoint presentation materials, equipments and volunteers for churches and business network clubs
- Need volunteers with financial and banking experience to join Loan and Grant Assessor Panel
- Need a group of committed Christians to commit to covering AHIC in prayer
07506 229064/ 01895 270505
GOD BLESS and THANK YOU Prayer For Africa Friends.
If you believe
And I believe
And we together pray
The Holy Spirit will come down
And Africa will be saved