Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
One of the most popular and beloved introductions to the concept of faith ever written, ‘Mere Christianity’ has sold millions of copies worldwide.
The book brings together C.S. Lewis’s legendary radio broadcasts during the war years, in which he set out simply to ‘explain and defend the belief that has been common to nearly all Christians at all times’.
Rejecting the boundaries that divide Christianity’s many denominations, ‘Mere Christianity’ provides an unequalled opportunity for believers and nonbelievers alike to absorb a powerful, rational case for the Christian faith.
Helping Children this Easter
In this Easter edition we would like to introduce you to one of our projects we are most proud of, our partnership with a local Sierra Leonean charity called the Jaisie and Sorba Children’s Foundation. As Easter is all about Love and Sacrifice we know you will appreciate the efforts of this charity founded by two brave young Sierra Leoneans who saw the need and cared enough to do something about it. Wishing you all a Happy Easter.
Africa Hopes in Christ has partnered with a local Sierra Leonean charity called Jaisie and Sorba Children’s Foundation as this charity is in sync with our own core aims and is right in the heartland of where the need is greatest. Helping African help themselves
This little girl is called Therisa Dramine. She lost her two parents during the spread of the terrible killer disease Ebola. Ebola killed her parents and the little girl had nobody to help. For her to sustain her life she was working for other people within the community. A nurse working within the community felt pity for the girl and took her in but she couldn’t afford all her needs. So the charity stepped in to take care of her through the help of well wishers.
Sorba and a group of 3 orphans. The elder one lost both parents during the Ebola crisis in Sierra Leone.
An orphan looked after by a foster Mum doing his daily chores.
Sorba Steven one of the charity founders giving soap to suckling mother
This boy has been deserted by both his parents because of his physical disability, his left hand is misshapen. As a result abandoned and lonely he was left to fend for himself with nobody to care for him because of his condition. He sometimes did not have food to eat and clothes were a luxury with the priority being somewhere safe to sleep. He was mentally astute and the charity saw his potential and stepped into his life. Despite his physical disability they realised that he has an alert mind and ability and they wanted to ensure his educational life.
These children are cared for by kind hearted but poor families who share all they have with them. Both the children of their foster families and the new additions are learning skills such as respect, consideration, generosity, gratitude and cooperation. However they do not attend school as this is too expensive for now. Would you find it in your heart to help these wonderful amazing gifts from God.
As the bible says Psalm 127:3 NLT – Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Donate to http://www.ahic.org.uk/support-ahic/ stating the J&S Children as a reference.
The Jaisie and Sorba Children Foundation focus on helping children and vulnerable women via Education, Health and Sanitation, Human Rights, Microfinance and Agriculture.
Their Mission is to develop children and women with creative and active minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others and encourage them to act on their beliefs. We value the total, development of each child and woman educational, social, physical, moral and spiritual wellbeing.
Their vision is to add world values to every child rights and vulnerable women and encourage them to be self-reliance.
Africa Hopes In Christ is proud to partner with Jasie and Sorba Children’s Foundation in such a noble and worthy cause.
April 2017 Prayer points requests
- Please pray for funds for the Jaisie and Sorba Children Foundation so that all the children in their care whom are of school age can be put into a suitable school http://www.ahic.org.uk/support-ahic/ referencing J&S Children
- Prayers for God’s provision and direction for our sister Franca in Tanzania
Africa Hopes In Christ news and prayer requests
- Please like our page on Facebook (search Africa Hopes In Christ) or follow us on Twitter (search @AfricaHopes )
- Need a group of committed Christians to commit to covering AHIC in prayer. Please contact us on email@example.com if interested in becoming a prayer partner and receiving this newsletter http://www.ahic.org.uk/update-me/
- Please support AHIC efforts to bring prosperity to the continent of Africa starting with
- 1) Funds for our continued help to an ill Malawian lady get decent accommodation in Manchester UK by providing a carpet for the rest of her home.
- 2) Publishing a book about a dying tribe called The Sherbros
- 3) Praying for a positive outcome to the application for funds for proposed supplying of clean water, agricultural projects, education, employment and good health clinics for 10 villages in Sierra Leone. Application for funding has successfully passed the 1st stage. Prayers for the 2nd and final stage needed as we are now competing against very good 120 worthy charities and there would only be 40 successful applicants.
- PLEASE HELP US HELP Africans help themselves BY 1) A one off donation 2) A regular standing order http://www.ahic.org.uk/support-ahic 3) Buying a book or tshirt http://www.ahic.org.uk/shop/
- Or use wonderful health products on 440101338973www.goo.gl/mmPzNU
Wishing you all a Happy Easter holiday.
John 3 v 16 : For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.