In this May edition we would like to introduce you to a lady we have huge respect for, Mallence Bart Williams a German born Sierra Leonean Economics graduate. As a fellow Sierra Leonean born in the UK and economics graduate I totally identify with her view, achievements and ethos. Prayer warriors this is what she has to say and it seems to me to be a cry from the heart of Africa to the rest of the world for fairness, honesty and compassion in a genuine way.
The wealth of Africa explained?
Good afternoon. I am Mallence. And I come from the richest country in the world. It is located in the richest continent in the world, in the West of the richest continent. My country is called Sierra Leone.
On the surface we are blessed with infinite beauty and abundance of flora and fauna, producing the most exquisite harvests of coffee, cocoa, fruits, vegetables and a rich culture. You name it, we’ve got it.
We also have diverse wildlife and vast marine resources, and waterfalls, and rivers that run into the most beautiful beaches. The land is golden. Literally. A true paradise.
Which of course is inhabited by the most beautiful souls.
We have a very strong cultural heritage.
In fact, Sierra Leone had the first sub-Saharan university. Prior to that there was one in the kingdom of Timbuktu, which was the first university in the world, succeeding the great Gnostic schools of Egypt and Osiris.
On a deeper level, we are blessed with the real treasures the kings and queens of this world desire
This was the largest alluvial diamond ever found. It weighs almost a thousand carats, 969 to be precise.
This beauty was found by an old lady in her back yard about 2 years ago. 125 carats.
Some people mine gold in their back yards. That’s quite common.
Besides gold and diamonds, we have about 20 precious minerals that have been discovered as of today. We recently started extracting huge petroleum reserves that have been discovered. We have platinum, ilmenite to make titanium, rutile to coat jets, iron ore, the largest iron ore deposits in Africa, the third largest in the world. Tantalite, also known as coltan, used in your mobile phones and computers. Bauxite for aluminum production, zinc, chrome ore, copper, coal, phosphates, potassium, salt, lead, granite, asbestos, nickel, zircon. Furthermore, we have exquisite timber, like mahogany and teak. And we have the most beautiful stamps in the world.
Of course the West needs Africa’s resources, most desperately. To power airplanes, cell phones, computers and engines. And the gold and diamonds of course: a status symbol, to determine their powers by decor, and to give value to their currencies.
One thing that keeps me puzzled, despite having studied finance and economics at the world’s best universities. The following question remains unanswered: Why is it that 5,000 units of our currency is worth one unit of your currency, when we are the ones with the actual gold reserves?
It’s quite evident that the aid is in fact not coming from the West to Africa, but from Africa to the Western world. The Western world depends on Africa in every possible way, since alternative resources are scarce out here.
So how does the West ensure that the free aid keeps coming? By systematically destabilizing the wealthiest African nations and their systems, and all that backed by huge PR campaigns, leaving the entire world under the impression that Africa is poor and dying, and merely surviving on the mercy of the West. Well done Oxfam, Unicef, Red Cross, Life Aid, and all the other organizations that continuously run multi-million dollar advertisement campaigns depicting charity porn, to sustain that image of Africa, globally. Ad campaigns paid for by innocent people under the impression to help, with their donations
While one hand gives under the flashing lights of cameras, the other takes, in the shadows.
Last year the IMF reports that six out of ten of the worlds fastest growing economies are in Africa, measured by their GDP growth. The French treasury, for example, is receiving about 500 billion dollars, year in, year out, foreign exchange reserves from African countries based on colonial debt they forced them to pay. Former French president Jaques Chirac stated in an interview recently that we have to be honest and acknowledge that a big part of the money in our banks comes precisely from the exploitation of the African continent. In 2008, he stated that without Africa, France will slide down in the rank of a third world power.
This is what happens in the human world. In the world we have created. Have you ever wondered how things work in nature? One would assume that in evolution the fittest survives. However in nature, any species that is overhunting, overexploiting the resources they depend on as nourishment, natural selection would sooner or later take the predator out. Because it offsets the balance.
Now that I shared my perspective with you, I would like to share my initiatives with you.
As a Sierra Leonean, I am a diamond expert. I find them in the rough.
What nature created from the darkest substance, under the influence of heat and pressure, transforms into the strongest, most brilliant rocks.
These rocks have the consistency to sustain an entire nation.
Mallence goes on to explain about the charity she set up to help street people from one of the poorest and most dangerous parts of Freetown, Sierra Leone turning them into international artists, engineers , lawyers etc. Her rocks are human intelligence and initiative.
Thanks Mallence for this encouraging talk.
Africa Hopes In Christ seeks to emulate you and give Africans the opportunity to excel.
Our present Projects
1. At present we have a Sierra Leonean author for whom AHIC funds the publishing of his book (This is a loan)
“The Sherbros of West Africa”, a book publishing project, about an industrious African tribe/people who are disappearing as they assimilate into neighbouring societies, written by an African author. This is part of our “Enlightenment” projects because it enlightens the reader (African or not) to the industrious nature of these amazing and adaptable people, and can inspire the next generation of great Africans.
2.. We have a second live project for a physically ill Malawian lady living in Manchester UK, AHIC has already pressurised an unwilling housing association to renovate the badly damaged structure of the lady’s premises, called in the pest control department to fumigate the premises and arranged with a local linked good neighbours befriending agency to visit her regularly . We have provided funds to insulate her home by carpeting her living room. And we intend to fundraise to carpet the rest of her home. (This is a grant).
3. A third project in conjunction with another Christian charity, providing clean water to 10 villages in Sierra Leone, to be proceeded with a kitchen gardening venture for villagers and a health or first aider within each village. Business loans for good ideas. This project is at final application stage requesting funding from DFID (Department for International Development). It was whittled down from 3000 applicant charities to 120 which we are proud to say we are one of. The next stage is to further cut down to 40 worthy causes who will then be given the finances DFID has assigned to them, so much prayer is needed as all 120 charities are very good candidates.
4. A fourth possible project may be in association with a local company in Senegal and the international firm Orange an osusu saving type venture(local African type of banking) using Orange technology. But this is at a very early stage of just expressing an interest, contracts and procedure, terms and conditions will need to be drawn for this venture. And it is hoped that we will assist with the company’s Sierra Leone venture to start with. This project will self finance itself with initial cost coming from the parent local company in Senegal. Our involvement will be to provide a large number of willing groups starting with the council of churches within Sierra Leone.
5. We also assist on a monthly basis a local Sierra Leonean charity that helps orphans from the EBOLA crisis that hit Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea in 2014, as well as giving shelter and foster care to abandoned disabled children. (This is a grant)
6. We are currently fundraising for a Christian Nigerian lady to achieve her dream of managing a school in Lagos dedicated to giving understanding and practical teaching to youngster as opposed to repetitive memorising learning that is prevalent in Africa but gives children no explanation or understanding of the concepts they are learning about. We need £2000 and we expect that 100 people giving £20 each should kick start this venture. Please give to Africa Hopes In Christ , Royal Bank of Scotland, Uxbridge branch, UK Account Number 10189448 Sort Code 16-33-24 (This is a loan)
So what can you do to assist us help Africans help themselves?
We have joined two worthy world renowned companies with an ethos close to ours:
The health company that sells nutritional drinks, cosmetics, skin and bath care, dental care with the aloe vera plant known as God’s gift to mankind for its nutritional benefits in all their products. AHIC’s gets 50% of all profits given to me as independent consultant. Visit us at www.goo.gl/mmPzNU
10 reasons for using aloe vera gel drink
Good for the gut (bowel)
- Assists healthy digestion
- Balances the immune system
- Good for the skin
- Increase fibre- collagen and elastin in skin making one look younger and healthier
- Good for the skeleton – soothes muscles, promotes healthy joints and eases mobility
- Useful source of minerals – calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc etc
- Useful source of vitamins – B12, A, the B group vitamins, C, E and folic acid.
- Regulates bacteria and yeast in the gut
- Includes 19 of the 20 amino acids needed by the human body.
Net result the individual who drinks the aloe vera gel drink regularly has a wonderful feeling of wellbeing as the body functions at 100% as God intended it to. Aloe Vera is God’s gift to the human being for health and wellness.
A financial education company that gives a free financial sat nav starting from where you are , your goals and dreams to where you want to be and how you can achieve your dreams in today’s financial climate.
We provide products such as
- Mortgages (residential and buy to let)
- Building and Content insurance,
- PPI, (Claims for unfair financial products)
- General Insurance (including health , car, public liability etc)
- Pension Planning,
- Life assurance,
- Wills and Trusts,
- free Debt solutions and
- free Financial Game plan.
As an independent consultant I get commission on all but debt solutions and the Financial Game Plan and 50% of my commissions go to AHIC. We also build teams so if you know anyone willing to work hard for good returns or in need of any one of our products please let me know. We offer the debt solutions and financial game plan free because we know that when building a house the foundations must be strong, so too when becoming financially independent and prosperous, the other products will automatically follow when one is ready to soar into excellence. Contact me on 07506229064
AHIC owns an online shop selling books on African culture, Christianity, Marriage and Family matters and Inspirational and Motivational books please visit and recommend us to any avid reader within your friends and family circle http://www.ahic.org.uk/shop/
Straight forward one off or monthly standing orders are also welcome visit us at http://www.ahic.org.uk/support-ahic/ to donate via paypal.
We need £2000 for our school venture in Nigeria and we expect that 100 people giving £20 each should kick start this venture. Please give to Africa Hopes In Christ , Royal Bank of Scotland, Uxbridge branch, UK Account Number 10189448 Sort Code 16-33-24
Thank you once again for your support and valuable assistance and I hope you will agree to help me and my team help Africans help themselves
2017 Prayer Point
- Please pray for a change for the better in the hearts and minds of the powerful within this world of ours regarding Africa and her problems
- Please pray for more people of African origin to raise up and help their motherland rebuilding the disconnect of colonialism and slavery days
- Please pray for African leaders and the church in Africa to turn to our Commander in Chief the Lord Jesus and trust and obey in spirit and truth for he is a rewarder of hard, honest work
Africa Hopes In Christ news and prayer requests
- Please like our page on Facebook (search Africa Hopes In Christ) or follow us on Twitter (search @AfricaHopes )
- Need a group of committed Christians to commit to covering AHIC in prayer. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in becoming a prayer partner and receiving this newsletter http://www.ahic.org.uk/update-me/
- Please support AHIC efforts to bring prosperity to the continent of Africa starting with
- 1) Funds for our continued help to an ill Malawian lady get decent accommodation in Manchester UK by providing a carpet for the rest of her home.
- 2) Publishing a book about a dying tribe called The Sherbros
- 3) Praying for a positive outcome to the application for funds for proposed supplying of clean water, agricultural projects, education, employment and good health clinics for 10 villages in Sierra Leone. Application for funding has successfully passed the 1st stage. Prayers for the 2nd and final stage needed as we are now competing against very good 120 worthy charities and there would only be 40 successful applicants.
- PLEASE HELP US HELP Africans help themselves BY 1) A one off donation 2) A regular standing order http://www.ahic.org.uk/support-ahic 3) Buying a book or tshirt http://www.ahic.org.uk/shop/
- Or use wonderful health products on 440101338973www.goo.gl/mmPzNU