Welcome Prayer Warriors
Welcome Prayer Warrior to our Christmas edition, And wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and fruitful 2017. And as the Irish say this new year May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face ,. The rain fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His Hand. Merry Christmas In this edition we invite you to view our lastest titles and as Africa Hopes In Christ is all about Africans and Christianity we have choosen two books that display this ethos of ours . AKE by Wole Soyinka and The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Books to inform, excite and thrill to give to your loved ones as Christmas presents and also assist in aleviating poverty in Africa.
Ake: The Years of Childhood by Wole Soyinka
A dazzling memoir of an African childhood from Nobel Prize-winning Nigerian novelist, playwright, and poet Wole Soyinka.
“Ake: The Years of Childhood” gives us the story of Soyinka’s boyhood before and during World War II in a Yoruba village in western Nigeria called Ake. A relentlessly curious child who loved books and getting into trouble, Soyinka grew up on a parsonage compound, raised by Christian parents and by a grandfather who introduced him to Yoruba spiritual traditions. His vivid evocation of the colorful sights, sounds, and aromas of the world that shaped him is both lyrically beautiful and laced with humor and the sheer delight of a child’s-eye view.A classic of African autobiography, “Ake” is also a transcendantly timeless portrait of the mysteries of childhood.”
Akinwande Oluwole “Wole” Babatunde Soyinka is a Nigerian playwright and poet. He was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first African to be honored in that category.
10 memorable quotes by Wole Soyinka as he turns 82 – This is Africa Facebook page on 13th July 2016
1) One’s own self-worth is tied to the worth of the community to which one belongs, which is intimately connected to humanity in general. What happens in Darfur becomes an assault on my own community, and on me as an individual. That’s what the human family is all about.
2) The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism.
3) Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth
4) Given the scale of trauma caused by the genocide, Rwanda has indicated that however thin the hope of a community can be, a hero always emerges. Although no one can dare claim that it is now a perfect state, and that no more work is needed, Rwanda has risen from the ashes as a model or truth and reconciliation.
5) I am convinced that Nigeria would have been a more highly developed country without the oil. I wished we’d never smelled the fumes of petroleum.
6) A tiger does not shout its tigritude, it acts.
7 I think that feeling that if one believed absolutely in any cause, then one must have the confidence, the self-certainty, to go through with that particular course of action.
8) The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny.
9) Human life has meaning only to that degree and as long as it is lived in the service of humanity.
It is often said, look at a boy aged 7 and behold the man. Wole Soyinka, Africa’s 1st and only Nobel Prize winner for Literature relates the story of his first 12 years of life in an African town. An interesting read and Christmas gift for budding Nobel winners within your family and friendship circle. http://www.ahic.org.uk/shop/
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love that’s the challenge!
How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands,
conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages,
you ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships
worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple’s Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
The five love languages are 1. Touch, 2. Service, 3. Quality Time, 4. Gifts, 5. Words of Affirmation , Read and find out how you can discover and speak to your spouse, your children, your relatives, your friends, your co- workers or business associates. And spread the good news of how we can best love our neighbours, a perfect Christmas present for your loved ones. They all have a language that touches the very core of their being when spoken to them. Spread the love and also touch the poor by supporting our bookshop http://www.ahic.org.uk/shop/
we have now started a new project to supply water to 10 villages on the west
coast of Sierra Leone, (the Sherbro area) a project which we believe will expand
into providing careers, businesses and jobs for the local villagers, lifting them
out of the circle of subsistence farming into profitable, viable income
generating co-operatives. However we are at the very early fact finding
stages, so a lot of prayer and financial help is required to make this project
December Prayer points requests
- AHIC is not a supporter of Donald Trump and we are deeply distressed that he has won the presidency of the world’s leading country USA, nevertheless as Christians we are called to pray for our leaders, so with muich trepidation we ask for prayer for Donald Trump and wisdom and compassion during his tenure as leader for not only the USA but the world
- We ask for prayer for Gambia as they successfully change leaders through a democractic election. We ask for honesty, wisdom, know how and integrity alongside compassion and Godliness for the new President Adama Barrow
- We ask for prayer for the new Ghanaian leader after a hard fought election this December 2016. Welcome President Nana Akufo-Addo, may your tenure bring commercial prosperity, employment opportunity, health and education systems that bring prosperity for all Ghanaians and may you continue President Mahama’s good works.
Africa Hopes In Christ news and prayer requests
- Please like our page on Facebook (search Africa Hopes In Christ) or follow us on Twitter (search @AfricaHopes )
- Need a group of committed Christians to commit to covering AHIC in prayer. Please contact us on email@example.com if interested in becoming a prayer partner and receiving this newsletter
- We have one new live project in additions to the previous ones
1) Providing clean water to 10 villages on the west coast of Sierra Leone, Project is at a very early stage, with a lot of prayer and funding needed. We are working in collaboration with another Christian charity Operation Wellfound.
+44(0)7506 229064/ +44(0)1895 270505
GOD BLESS and THANK YOU Prayer For Africa Friends.
If you believe
And I believe
And we together pray
The Holy Spirit will come down
And Africa will be saved